Monday, April 6, 2009

Marvae Gai Legend

And this is the second of our new boys ( Legend ) We bought him from Taranaki as an unbroken 4 year old about 2 months ago now.
We took him straight to Ken's place to be broken in. Ken got him going and rode him doing stock work and riding him through swamp etc.
At the end of this time I went over there and put a set of shoes on him ready for a 3 day trek.
The trek leaving from our place had about 30 horses and did 10 hrs on the 1st day and another 10hrs on the 2nd day and a further 6hrs on the last day. Ridden by Ken and left at our place after the last day. He was very light on condition and got nick named on the trek
" Bony Em ".
After returning back here we have been feeding him up and these pic's are after being here two weeks. Just before I took these pic's I had taken him out for the 1st ride and I have to say I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pleased with Ken's work. He is awesome. Hasn't put a hoof wrong. He has the best nature. I didn't ride him long. Just long enough to remind him what he is meant to be doing.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: